Embee Middle East, a subsidiary of Noventiq, is proud to present a success story with a leading telecom operator in Bahrain.
The operator, also involved in fintech operations and ICT solutions, was facing a critical
challenge: securely managing corporate data while implementing specific controls based on data categories. Complicating matters further, multiple departments and contractors required access to sensitive and confidential data for limited durations.
To tackle this challenge, the customer explored various Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
solutions until Embee Middle East proposed Microsoft 365 E5 suite as a comprehensive
option that could meet their corporate data security requirements. By upgrading from their current E3 licenses instead of acquiring a new product suite, the customer could benefit from a fully integrated solution, seamlessly working with their communication and collaboration suite, and reducing deployment time.
Together, we set a course to achieve a number of business outcomes:
● Conditional access to data;
● Classification, labeling, DLP policies, and scanner setup;
● Endpoint DLP implementation;
● MCAS – Microsoft Cloud app security.
To achieve these outcomes, we then set the project scope to include:
● Conducting a detailed study of the current setup and validating technical compatibility
● Hosting multiple workshops with business units to raise awareness about DLP and
develop data classification labels and controls tailored to each department's needs
● Designing, configuring, and rolling out Azure AD Premium
● Designing and implementing conditional access policies on devices to ensure secure
access to Office 365 workloads
● Implementing cloud multi-factor authentication
● Deploying Data Loss Prevention based on agreed policies for both on-premises data
stores and the cloud
● Implementing Azure Information Protection
● Configuring and rolling out Cloud App Security
Given the customer's lack of prior experience with DLP deployment, Embee Middle East's
team worked closely with them, laying the groundwork by educating business departments and stakeholders on the importance of classification, establishing policies for data with varying sensitivity levels, and managing workflow changes resulting from DLP
Embee Middle East's expertise and collaboration enabled the development of unique
classification requirements for each business unit and ensured successful deployment of
DLP across all departments.
“Thanks to this project, the customer significantly bolstered their security landscape, gaining better visibility into internal and external data sharing. They successfully applied controls for sensitive and confidential data, effectively preventing leaks to unauthorized parties. At Embee Middle East, we take pride in helping our customers fortify their data security and achieve their business objectives. Together, we can navigate the complexities of the digital world and emerge stronger and more resilient than ever.”
Suresh Gopinath, CTO at Embee Middle East