Changes in board of directors and leadership
London, 4 March 2022 – Softline (LSE: SFTL), the Cyprus registered Global IT and digital transformation solutions provider headquartered in London and operating in 60 countries, today announced the following leadership changes with immediate effect, in line with Softline’s 3-dimensional growth strategy and commitment to global market expansion.
Softline Holding plc began trading under the brand name Noventiq after divesting part of its business in October 2022.
- Current independent non-executive board member Jacques Guers has been appointed non-executive chairman of the board of directors.
- Igor Borovikov will step down from the position of chairman of the board, and will continue to serve as an executive director, and chair of the M&A committee with a focus on growth outside of CIS.
- Oleg Jelezko and Alexander Galitskiy are stepping down from the board.
- Current President of Softline International, Roy Harding will become Chief Executive Officer of Softline Holding plc, and will take up a position on the board of directors, reflective of our accelerated commitment to globalization.
- Current Chief Executive Officer, Sergey Chernovolenko will take up the new position of Chief Operating Officer, and will continue to serve as a member of the board of directors, including as a member of the audit committee.
The Company is actively involved in the selection of additional independent non-executive directors to support its commitment to ESG and the most advanced governance practices. A further announcement will be made when the appointments are finalised.
Jacques Guers, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Softline Group noted:
“I am honoured to be appointed chair of the board. The changes we announced today are a natural step as we continue to extend our position as a global leader in digital transformation solutions, platforms, and services, in line with our growth strategy. I would like to thank Oleg and Alexander for their significant contribution to the Company’s transition from a private to public company. With Sergey in his new role as global COO, we will continue to benefit from his deep operational experience as we advance our ambitious business objectives. Igor will continue to bring his passion and strategic vision, as well as his guidance for long-term strategic growth investments. I would like to welcome Roy to the Board with his deep expertise and insights which will be invaluable to the board as the company continues to expand its international business. Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank our entire team of around 8,000 Softliners around the world for their continued dedication in helping our customers with the full spectrum of technology service needs.”
Igor Borovikov, Founder and Executive Director, and Chair of the M&A committee:
“I am keen to see the company I founded 28 years ago to grow and deliver value to its customers in the attractive emerging markets around the world. Our 3-dimensional growth strategy will continue to be the foundation of the development of the company, and our energetic M&A activity will support it. I wish Jacques all the best as the new chairman of the board. Sergey and Roy have worked to deliver amazing growth in the past, and will take the company to the next level in the future”.
Sergey Chernovolenko, Chief Operating Officer and board member:
“Roy is a highly experienced and skillful leader with a deep understanding of international markets, and we will continue working together to deliver on our strategy, objectives, and commitments to our customers, and all of our stakeholders.“
Roy Harding, Chief Executive Officer, and board member:
“I am honoured and humbled to become CEO of this amazing company, and I am looking forward to leading this great team of professionals around the world that Sergey has assembled. Our values and principles remain unchanged and we continue to focus on what we do best, delivering for our customers”.